Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Wednesday, 13 February 2008 - Bird songs

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for bird songs.

What is that I hear?

Bird songs.


I can't believe my ears. While walking around the neighborhood and park for the past few months, I have neither heard nor seen a single songbird.

Yes, indeed. The avian community is out in force today, frolicking in the pine tree, dancing in the garden, singing wherever they are. Chirp, chirp chirp. What lovely music.

Just for the record, I make this declaration: the temperature is in the low 50s while the bluest sky and most glorious mountainscape frame the region. In short, today is picture postcard perfect. Definitely tinged with spring dreams.

S, T and I decide to join the "celebration" by climbing, bouldering and hiking at Ute Valley Park. There, S sets up the top rope on the overhung route that I've yet to climb successfully. (Although, I've completed the bottom and top problems separately, I have yet to link the two sections). I think that today is the day that I send it. After all, how can I miss on such a perfect afternoon?

Sadly, winter plans to return early Thursday morning. I hope the birds are ready for the next onslaught of bitter cold weather.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: