Sunday, February 17, 2008

Sunday, 17 February 2008 - Confirmation

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for confirmation.

Yesterday's decision to rock climb was more than good - it was excellent. I admit this as T and I embark on our morning walk. Last night, while we slept, at least two inches of dry, dense powder, the kind that skiers love, fell on the valley.

Since it's Sunday, the neighborhood streets remain unplowed. No one has dared shovel the sidewalks - yet. Who wants to fight a losing battle? Minutes after you clear the pavement, the wind blows more snow onto the sidewalk, porch or driveway. S suggests that we wait until tomorrow to clear our property.

T and I are the only brave souls circling the park. As the head wind intensifies, T stops and looks back at me. I don't think he likes the wind's sting. I urge him to hurry along. I think we'll head for home after finishing one lap.

Snow continues to fall, swirling and whirling around us, dancing wildly on the North wind's cold and mighty breath.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: