Monday, February 25, 2008

Monday, 25 February 2008 - T's successful surgery

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for T's successful surgery.

First, the good news.

The ordeal is over. T is fine and recovering from surgery. He returned home thirsty, hungry and annoyed.

S and I are especially grateful to Dr. S and his staff for understanding T's needs. T literally shakes and shivers from nervousness whenever he visits the veg. We didn't think he could endure a long pre-op wait time. After S conveyed these concerns, Dr. S graciously agreed to do T's surgery first.

Now, the bad news.

Although he doesn't need medication, T has to wear the dreaded Elizabethan collar until the small wound on his nose heals completely (up to two weeks according to the Dr. S). This will definitely try my patience.

As T walks from room to room, he whacks and scrapes the transparent plastic "cone" against furniture, walls, door jambs, appliances ... you get the picture. I will do everything I can to expedite his healing. In any event, I pray that the collar will be ready to come off by the weekend. T may get used to it but I know that I won't.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: