Saturday, February 09, 2008

Saturday, 09 February 2008 - Night time work

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for night time work.

Night time is really the best time to work. All the ideas are there to be yours because everyone else is asleep. ~Catherine O'Hara

Recently, I find that I do most of my best writing at night - a peculiar admission from someone who claims to be a morning person. It's not that sunlit hours yield poorly written sentences and rambling paragraphs. I think it's because I've learned to "write" first drafts in my head while I go about my daily routine. Then, when evening falls, I replay my daytime musings and write down the most promising thoughts, ideas, plots, conversations and poems. Don't want to lose a single word, if I can help it.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: