Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Wednesday, 06 February 2008 - Warming trend

Dear God,

Today, I am thankful for a warming trend.

Where man sees but withered leaves,
God sees sweet flowers growing.

~Albert Laighton.

As T and I circle the park, the morning's unexpected warmth embraces us. Perhaps the media was wrong and that darn groundhog didn't really see his shadow last Saturday.

The sun's heat easily penetrates my cold weather garb, loosening and energizing my stiff muscles. To my surprise, I'm comfortable without wearing my hat and gloves. Our pace reflects the weather shift. While we usually walk briskly, I tell T that it's all right if we take it slowly today. T is delighted. He seizes the opportunity to sniff every appealing grass clump and tree trunk. I merely want to soak up the precious depression-killing rays and absorb an extra dose of vitamin D.

With high spirits and smiling faces, T and I head for home. My joy ends as we approach the house. I sigh and shake my head. While we bask in the day's glorious sunshine, my beloved garden still sleeps soundly and peacefully beneath a thick blanket of ice and snow.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: