Tuesday, February 05, 2008

Tuesday, 05 February 2008 - Empowerment

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for empowerment.

For many years, I've rarely felt that our nation's leaders really care about me or my family. That's why I favor politicians who seek support via grassroots movements.

I believe that empowerment begins with personal participation in the political arena. I'm not talking about just donating money or wearing a campaign button, but making phone calls, attending debates and rallies, and talking to friends and neighbors about the candidates and issues I endorse.

I believe that if I don't do something to promote the change I seek, I relinquish my right to complain later. So, I welcome opportunities to:
  • Work at the election polls
  • Vote
  • Volunteer for my candidate of choice
  • Sign petitions
  • Write letters to politicians
  • Attend caucuses and conventions
  • Plant a candidate's sign in the front yard
  • Give money to candidates and causes
Tonight, given the close Presidential candidate race in the Democratic Party, my presence at the Colorado caucuses counts more than ever. S and I will be at the neighborhood elementary school to support Senator Obama.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: