Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Tuesday, 12 February 2008 - The "man with the long hair."

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the "man with the long hair."

As T and I round the northeast corner of the park for lap number two, we see the "man with the long hair" approaching. We've known him by sight for several years. Besides being a park regular, he is clearly the fastest and most efficient walker in the neighborhood. I admire his smooth footwork, easy arm swings and perfect posture. I just know that if he swung his hips more and adjusted his arm movements, he would be an excellent race walker.

Anyway, T and I are glad to see him. He always says hello as he passes us in the park or waves from across the street. Our conversations are always short - usually brief comments about the day's weather.

This morning, he remarks how lucky we are that the sun is shining. I smile, noting that the north wind is still quite cold. He nods in agreement. Then, before I can say another word, he's gone, already yards passed us, gliding down the sidewalk towards his chosen destination.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: