Thursday, February 07, 2008

Thursday, 07 February 2008 - Time to imagine

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for time to imagine.

Imagine yourself coming back
10 years from today
Through time,
to help you
where
you must now be.

~Jim Cohn

As I ponder Jim Cohn's quote, I'm having trouble envisioning my future. Mainly because my life is at a record low, and, through my tears and anxious moments, I can't imagine what things will be like ten years from now. So, I'm not sure what advice "future me" would offer "present me." Not a healthy situation for a visionary.

A friend who survived her season of tough times writes me. She says that a decade from now, as I look back on my life, I will be amazed at my journey - things I did, people I met, places I visited, pieces I wrote.

My regret, of course, is that I can't see this now. I can only imagine.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: