Friday, February 08, 2008

Friday, 08 February 2008 - One tired dog

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one tired dog.

Clear skies and bright sunshine beckon S, T and I outdoors for a hike in the foothills. Now, if only the winds would calm down for a few hours while we complete our trek.

We're lucky that the trailhead is only a half mile or so from the house - easy walking distance. After leaving the neighborhood, we hike westward and upward for a quarter of a mile to reach the National forest boundary and an array of trails.

T's enthusiasm skyrockets as soon he realizes that our outing is no ordinary walk around the park. He prefers the "real trail" to cement and asphalt walkways. Like an experienced mountain guide, he leads us up the muddy, snowpacked trail.

S and I aggressively attack each uphill segment - this hike is today's main workout. To our surprise, T is equally energized, literally pulling S up the steep, rocky grade while I follow close behind.

I think I know one chocolate Lab who will sleep very well tonight.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: