Sunday, April 01, 2007

Sunday, 01 April 2007 - No fools day

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a "no fools day."

I fasted the news today. Did not want to pollute my thoughts with the fools and their exploits that dominate the newswires.

Ahhhhh.

No Huffington Post, Alternet, or Yahoo! News.

No TV talk shows (I rarely watch but my husband likes to listen to the talking heads).

No NPR Sunday (I missed the Puzzle segment - I guess that one time won't hurt me).

Instead, while I sew tops and a dress for my spring wardrobe, I listen to a few favorite CDs: Steve Halpern's Charkra Suite, Mark O'Conner (retrospective CD) and Chant.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Lupine plant in front yard garden (I like the way each cupped leaf cluster holds one large dewdrop).

No comments: