Friday, April 06, 2007

Friday, 06 April 2007 - Redemption and hope

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for redemption and hope.


Souls move on, but in their wake, human spirits rise up and renew their courage, their gratitude, their hope. It is nothing short of a miracle.
~Karen M. Jones, founder, www.benevolentplanet.com

On this Good Friday, I am assessing two things: my selfish ways (i.e., my pride manifest through the ugly side of a must-be-in-control perfectionist personality) and my sacrifices (i.e., the selfless setting aside of my needs and desires in order to do things important to others).
Not a pretty picture.

I know that the world does not revolve around me. Never has and never will. Morning follows night regardless of my attitudes, motives, actions, wants, needs and exercise plan. But, in my very tiny corner of the Universe, what I think and do matters to me and those who reside within my circle of influence.


Can I do better?
Yes.
Do I want to do better?
Yes, I do.

Of course, during the Easter season, the lesson du jour focuses on messages of redemption and hope.


For me, it's knowing that each morning I awaken with a proverbial clean slate:

+ My "needs improvement" grades mercifully wiped from my official transcript.

+ Yesterday's wrongs and negativity, forgiven.

+ The score, now an even 0-0, invites me to hit a grand slam for the home team
+ And my precious dreams, still intact and as bold as ever.

Yes, it
is nothing short of a miracle.

For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.


No comments: