Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Wednesday, 25 April 2007 - One deep breath

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one deep breath.

Darkness shrouds my judgment today. I could cry at will over how my life seems to be headed towards the nearest black hole. So, I'll shutter my imagination for a few hours, listen to New Age music and think about my garden.

One deep breath.
Some days, that's all it takes to wake me up.

My nostrils inhale one perfect portion of cold North Wind air.

Not icy enough to freeze my lungs, mind you.

It's spring, after all.

But the air is so cool that once the oxygen molecules
Move from my exterior to interior,
The significant temperature differential

Rouses my drowsy senses, jolting me back to reality.


One deep breath shunts my tears to Never, Neverland.

One deep breath plants my feet on the meandering yellow brick road to Oz.

One deep breath finds me lost in Wonderland with Alice.
One deep breath transports me to the Thousand Acre Wood where I'll have tea with Pooh and Piglet.


One deep breath.

I am still alive.

Even after everything.


For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: