Sunday, April 22, 2007

Sunday, 22 April 2007 - Mother Earth

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for Mother Earth and all of her wonders.

There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew. ~Marshall McLuhan, 1964

We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
~Native American Proverb

Only when the last tree has died and the last river been poisoned and the last fish been caught will we realise we cannot eat money.
~Cree Indian Proverb

Take nothing but pictures.
Leave nothing but footprints.
Kill nothing but time.
~Motto, Baltimore Grotto (a caving society)

I am a practicing environmentalist, the liberal Democrat who picks up trash in the park and culvert while others look on. My neighbors and friends who belong to the other party would never, ever join me in my one-woman quest to clean up our neighborhood.

I've given up worrying about their opinions. What matters is what I do and the decisions I make.

Bottomline: I choose to be part of the solution, not part of the problem. I choose to live green.

Earth Day, every day.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photos: Red Rock Canyon (a great day for rock climbing!)
top: Geese in duck pond
bottom: T enjoys the sunshine and fresh air while we climb.

No comments: