Monday, April 23, 2007

Monday, 23 April 2007 - Continuity

Dear God:

Today, I am grateful for continuity.

In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life. It goes on. ~Robert Frost

Monday morning.
A new workweek begins.
The sun rises against a cloud-strewn sky.
Fog shrouds the foothills.
When I take T for his morning walk,
I wear a warm coat and gloves.
We pass the high school students waiting for the bus.
Despite the chill, the young men wear shorts and pullover sweatshirts bearing the name of their school or a favorite sports team.
The park is very quiet and still.
The birds, perhaps sobered by the approaching storm, aren't sharing their songs and prayers.
I yawn as T sniffs the junipers.
I really could have used an extra hour of sleep.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: Daffodil bud

No comments: