Saturday, April 14, 2007

Saturday, 14 April 2007 - A gardening day

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a gardening day.

New seed
is faithful.
It roots deepest
in the places
that are
most empty.
~Clarissa Pinkola Estes, Ph.D.
from The Ultimate Faith

Sunshine. Clear blues skies. A slight breeze. Temperatures in the 50s. No doubt about where you'll find me this afternoon. I'm working in my garden.

Front yard. So much to do. Weeding and clearing the garden of unwanted debris. Pruning the larger shrubs and raking the wet, matted mulch to aerate the soil. Taking inventory of the plants that survived the winter and noting those that have not yet returned to life. Admiring the daffodils.

Backyard. Planting the rest of the lupine seeds I collected last summer. Not in the main gardens, however. But in the emptiest of places.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.



No comments: