Thursday, April 12, 2007

Thursday, 12 April 2007 - A "no computer" day

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a "no computer" day.

I am not using the computer for the next 24 hours. I am answering a challenge set by members of a Yahoo! group that espouses a greener, simpler lifestyle.

So, what am I going to do instead of reading emails, checking news headlines, shopping and essentially wasting time?

I will take T for his favorite hike in Red Rock Canyon (the weather service predicts snow so I'll wear a heavy jacket, warm hat and gloves). When I return home, I will scribble (yes, my handwriting is that bad) in a paper journal using a favorite but seldom used Cross pen, sew a top in a pale purple knit fabric (organic cotton with lycra) for my warm weather wardrobe, knit (the lacy shawl for my mother's birthday gift is nearly done), read a few more chapters of The Poisonwood Bible, make Irish oatmeal with toasted slivered almonds and dried cherries for lunch and gingery butternut squash soup for dinner, start spring cleaning ... in other words, all the stuff I used to do before "being online" was a primary activity.

So, here I go ... signing off for at least a day.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: