Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Wednesday, 01 March 2006 - March

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the month of March.

For me, March celebrates important events including my birthday (the Ides of March), my parent's wedding anniversary (March 18), St. Patrick's Day (March 17), the anniversary of the date on which we closed on our house (March 9) and the first day of spring (March 20). March is also Women's History Month.

In Colorado, March and April are historically the snowiest months along the Front Range so I'm keeping my fingers crossed that we get lots of spring snow (it'll be the heavy wet kind that's good for my garden). I won't plant anything in the garden until after the last hard frost (usually in April) but I will order new plants and fertilizer this month. The Goji berry bushes I ordered in December should arrive in early April. I'll plant them in pots initially before transplanting them in May after determining their perfect place in the backyard.

Speaking of spring ... I noticed a finch couple investigating potential nesting sites in one of the pine trees in our front yard. The past two years, a finch couple decided that the wreath on our front door was the perfect site for a nest. I hope they decide to return for a third year.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: