Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Tuesday, 28 March 2006 - A new place to bloom

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a new place to bloom.

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer

Although I like working from home, I miss being around other people. It's not about loneliness since I prefer solitude and love my independence. It's more about connecting with others, making a difference, touching hearts and developing friendships. I miss hearing about E's children and K's vacation. I miss potluck lunches and office celebrations. I miss seeing what people wear to the office and what colors are in this season. I miss being needed.

I realize that social networks are important. Unfortunately, over the past few years, I've let mine die. I withdrew for good reasons but now I need to plant myself in places where I can bloom anew.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: