Thursday, March 30, 2006

Thursday, 30 March 2006 - The winds of change

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the winds of change.

All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another. ~Anatole France

Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be ... If the wind will not serve, take to the oars. ~Latin Proverb

A blustery spring day. A typical March day in Colorado. The bright sunshine deceives me - it's actually quite chilly walking in the park with the northerly winds whipping the trees, playground equipment, T and me.

My heart and soul are restless, ready to fly away on the next gust of wind that sweeps across the neighborhood. My questions abound. Why do I feel this way? What will become of me? Where am I going? No one has the answers - not right now. Not even the chirping finches can distract me from my deep thoughts and troubled daydreams.

"Change is in the air," sings Mr. Finch. I know he's right.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: