Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Tuesday, 21 March 2006 - Physical work

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for physical work.

The only exercise some people get is jumping to conclusions, running down their friends, side-stepping responsibility, and pushing their luck! ~Author Unknown

When S is away on business, the task of shovelling snow falls on my shoulders. So, this morning, I spent over an hour clearing layers of thick ice, dense hail and powdery snow from the driveway and sidewalk. T, of course, supervised my work while he played in the drifts and snacked on a canine version of snow cones. I really enjoy the physical work - a far cry from my usual cerebral assignments. Shovelling the snow also helps me get into shape for digging, raking and hoeing the garden.

Note: I will finally consider myself "old" on the day I can no longer clear snow from our property.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: