Sunday, March 12, 2006

Sunday, 12 March 2006 - The West Wing

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for The West Wing.

During the last Presidential primary season, a college student who was home on winter break attended one of our local "Wesley Clark for President" meetings. He told us that, at Columbia University, The West Wing was considered weekly therapy for Democrats.

He was right. This favorite television show has been an oasis and refuge for me, my husband and all of our liberal-thinking friends. Each week, it legitimized our way of thinking and nourished our hopes and dreams for our country.

When the series ends this spring, I'll celebrate its wit, insight and unforgettable characters. I'll also pray fervently for a new show to fill its honored place.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: