Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Wednesday, 1 June 2006 - A springtime tradition

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a springtime tradition.


The Air Force Academy graduation day - perfect spring weather marked by clear blue skies, a few white clouds, and the sun's heat tempered by cool breezes. Since we live just south of the Academy, we can watch the Thunderbirds perform their stunts right from our own back yard.

S and I race outside as soon as we hear the roar of the jets as they fly directly overhead. Even T gets into the spirit - prancing around the yard with a miniature red, white and blue basketball in his mouth. When I worked outside the home, my colleagues and I would rush to the windows or parking lot or balcony and turn our eyes skyward to watch the celebration. Work always stopped when the Air Force graduation fly-bys began!

This year, the ceremony feels like a special tribute to those who have died in the Iraq war. Next year, I hope peace will reign anew.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen
.

No comments: