Saturday, June 18, 2005

Saturday, 18 June 2005 - A cool evening breeze

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a cool evening breeze.


Summer is here, bringing its signature hot, dry temperatures to the region. I give the houseplants an extra drink of water during the day and carefully watch my outdoor gardens for perennials in distress. Despite his constant shedding, T remains heat-intolerant and requests several "wet downs" with the garden hose. Because I also wilt in the heat, I work in the garden during the cooler early morning or evening hours.

After sunset, the air temperature drops to the pleasant or slightly chilly range. We open all the windows to let in fresh air, hoping to cure a stuffy house. Relief comes quickly as the cool evening breeze floods each room, refreshing our bodies and spirits with its comforting touch.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: