Sunday, June 12, 2005

Sunday, 12 June 2005 - Bald eagle sighting

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for my first sighting of a wild bald eagle.

We've lived in the Rocky Mountain foothills for over 18 years. During our residency, I 've heard many stories about bald eagles nesting nearby. However, I have never seen one. Until today.

This morning, while inspecting my garden for damage from last night's storm, I just happened to look up toward the ridge. Soaring against the clear blue sky was a large bird with an enormous wingspan. I didn't know its name. Then, I saw the white head and curved yellow beak - a bald eagle!

Wild animal sightings convey special messages - it just takes time to decipher and understand the meanings. To me, the eagle is very important - it sits on the right side of my totem. In Medicine Cards, David Carson writes, "Eagle medicine is the power of the Great Spirit, the connection to the Divine. It is the ability to live in the realm of the spirit, and yet remain connected and balanced within the realm of Earth. "

Wow. Perhaps I'm following the right path after all.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: