Monday, June 13, 2005

Monday, 13 June 2005 - A splash of yellow and red

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a splash of yellow and red.


I've noticed that the spring palette for my main backyard garden is green, blue and purple - kind of boring when you love lots of color. So, this morning, I was delighted to find three golden poppies and several tiny red flowers (don't know the wildflower's name) showing their pretty heads among the purple phlox, blue flax, violas, blue Columbines, blue bachelor's buttons and Rocky Mountain penstemons. The whites and hot pinks are on their way - the large patch of dianthus is getting ready to bloom.

By the way, the four fledglings are doing well. Mama and Papa Finch have been very busy feeding the little guys. Thank goodness for the recent rains - I'm sure the wet ground makes it easier to hunt for worms and grubs. When one of the parents arrives at the nest with food, the little beaks open wide, begging for a snack. (We peer through the front door's peephole to watch the family.)

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: