Sunday, June 05, 2005

Sunday, 5 June 2005 - A "do what we like to do best" morning

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a do what we like to do best morning.

T and I take a short hike on the trail (he's still in rehab for his knee strain so I have to limit his exercise). S leaves at dawn to participate in a local 60 mile bike ride. I read the newspaper before working in the garden where I plant seeds, mulch the plants, and water each plot. T sleeps in the sun, letting the warmth and healing rays settle on his back. I savor a bowl of soy yogurt with almonds, pumpkin seeds, and raspberries. Mama Finch tends her newly-hatched babies in the nest that sits in the Christmas wreath on our front door. Butterflies and honey bees dance among the Phlox, Columbines and Batchelor's Buttons. The Rocky Mountain Penstemons get ready to bloom.

Just a lovely Sunday morning in Colorado - peace, sweet peace.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: