Thursday, March 17, 2005

Wednesday, 17 March 2005 - A green thumb

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a green thumb.

My green thumb came only as a result of the mistakes I made while learning to see things from the plant's point of view. H. Fred Ale

I welcome the landscape's transformation as winter browns melt into spring greens. While inspecting my gardens, I excitedly discover bits of green sprouting everywhere - sure signs that the flowers and shrubs have survived the cold and snowy months. My list of gardening to-dos grows by the minute as I check the Internet to verify a favorable 5-day weather forecast. Although the National Weather Service predicts dry weather through the weekend, I suspect that late winter days like today mimic spring just to tease Colorado gardeners.

In any event, I had better get my tools ready for a bit of exercise. The ground has begun its long, slow thaw. I'm sure that this weekend will be perfect for sowing wildflower seeds and planting a few more bulbs.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: