Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Tuesday, 1 March 2005 - Lemons and lemonade

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for life, lemons and lemonade.

In our refrigerator, you will always find dozens of fresh organic lemons. I use them liberally to flavor hot or cold drinks and tangy desserts. I also love the color of lemons. Yellow exudes optimism and strength and a sense of humor - three things I need to lift my sagging spirit.

I catch myself dwelling on the negative events of the past 12 months while carelessly ignoring the many blessings. This is not good - I definitely need an attitude adjustment.

I enter the kitchen and eye the bag of yellow fruit. Without thinking, I find the sharpest knife and begin slicing. With life giving me so many lemons, it's time to make more lemonade.

For these blessings, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: