Friday, March 25, 2005

Friday, 25 March 2005 - Good news

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful that good news is on its way.

After a week full of troubling news stories, I am glad to turn off the outside world and spend time taking care of personal matters. Good Friday does that to me - forces me to look inward so I can assess the health of my soul.

Although difficult and complex, inner work is a very worthwhile undertaking. Today, I need to discard the debris and weeds and rocks that pollute my life. My inner garden needs to flourish so I must till the soil and plant only good seeds for my future.

For me, the process goes something like this: I explore, then discover, then deny, then repent, then forgive. I also cry a lot. Finally, I choose to move on. I don't enjoy the process but I like the results.

I look forward to Easter Sunday so I can embrace its message of renewed hope and greater faith. I also plan to celebrate some really good news.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.


No comments: