Sunday, March 13, 2005

Sunday, 13 March 2005 - A new habit

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a new habit.

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
-- Martin Luther King, Jr.

I can't believe that I've been writing this journal for three months, definitely long enough to claim a new habit. When I began the journal, I anticipated daily struggles trying to write something special about the day. Instead, I found a safe place where I could easily express my thoughts and record my experiences. Now, when I suffer from writer's block, I read a few randomly selected entries for inspiration. Then, I realize that I don't need to be clever or witty to state the truth of my life. Honesty, passion and good writing will suffice.

I'm not sure where my writing will take me, but I have faith that I am heading in the right direction.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: