Sunday, March 20, 2005

Sunday, 20 March 2005 - A really good movie

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a really good movie.

Our claim to fame is never watching an Oscar-nominated film before the Academy Awards ceremony. I read the reviews, but wait until the film is on DVD before indulging in the actual viewing. Although we lose the impact of the big screen, we prefer to watch in the comfort of our home with healthy snacks available in the kitchen and the remote's pause button ready for bathroom breaks. Besides, T can join us even though he rarely reacts to anything on TV, including barking dogs and meowing cats. He sleeps through every movie no matter the subject or notoriety or noise level.

Recently, I've watched some films that I highly recommend: Chocolat, Big Fish, The Bourne Supremacy, Calendar Girls, Rabbitt-Proof Fence, Osama, The Hurricane, and House of Fog and Sand.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: