Thursday, March 31, 2005

Thursday, 31 March 2005 - A typical March day

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a typical March day.

In the Spring, I have counted 136 different kinds of weather inside of 24 hours.
- Mark Twain

With a resounding roar, March’s final stand brings winds and snow befitting a wild spring blizzard. We awake to several inches of wet snow and ice covering the local landscape. The storm that began last night continues its rampage all morning. T and I try twice to take a walk, but retreat in the wake of high winds and sleet.

When the skies finally clear around 2 PM, we dash to the park, antsy for some exercise and fresh air. We walk briskly, completing five laps on the snow-packed walkway. Then, I undertake the arduous task of shoveling heavy snow and slushy ice from the driveway and sidewalk. Whew! Now that’s a workout.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: