Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Wednesday, 26 December 2007 - A little warmth

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a little warmth.

O, wind,
If Winter comes, can Spring be far behind?
~Percy Bysshe Shelley

It is so cold today! Even though the thermostat is set at 58 degrees F to conserve energy, the furnace is working overtime. I am doing whatever I can to warm up the house. And that means cooking.

On the stove sits a large pot of Irish oatmeal, simmering on low heat so it thickens slowly. My version of Italian macaroni and cheese bakes in a hot oven. When it's done, I'll bake a large focaccio. We'll eat the casserole and focaccio for an early dinner.

Finally, I'm writing and knitting in my studio where a little space heater takes the chill out of the air.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: