Friday, December 21, 2007

Friday, 21 December 2007 - Winter's official arrival

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for winter's official arrival.

'Tis not the season of
the leaf whose
fragile body’s broken veins
disintegrate in
gusts of winds while
winter blows a frosty coat that
caps the barren land.
~Lucille Younger

According to the calendar, winter is officially here. Given our recent spate of cold weather, all I can say is "It's about time!"

Actually, T and I feel Winter's arrival during our noontime walk around the park. During the first lap, we enjoy the sunshine, clear blue skies and unseasonable warmth. But, as we turn the corner for lap #2, we suddenly detect Winter's presence.

The evidence includes the North wind's wild bluster, the sudden temperature drop, the blowing snow. I shiver and wish I had worn a hat. Lucky T. The abrupt weather change doesn't bother him at all. His dense coat keeps him warm and dry as we circle the park one more time.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: