Friday, December 07, 2007

Friday, 07 December 2007 - Cookie dough

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for cookie dough.

I never thought I'd be happy to see four tubs of premade cookie dough, but I am. The local middle school sold the dough during their fall fundraiser. I bought mine from three young ladies who live in the neighborhood. Last year, I didn't purchase any because the product contained trans-fat. I guess the manufacturer wised up this year because the items are now trans-fat-free.

Our Air Force Academy cadet visits regularly on weekends. I enjoy cooking for him - he's not a picky eater and appreciates every home cooked meal. My one challenge is dessert - something we rarely eat ever since I lost my sweet tooth. That's where the cookie dough comes in. I'll be able to bake a few dozen cookies quickly - no fuss, no muss - a real convenience especially since he rarely gives us more than a few hours' notice when he's been granted leave for the weekend (the Academy's fault, not his).

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: