Thursday, December 27, 2007

Thursday, 27 December 2007 - One lap around the park

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for one lap around the park.

The latest weather report: 10 degrees F, -4 degrees F if you factor in the wind chill. Probably colder in the "Rocky Mountain foothills where we live.

Still, T wants to go for a walk. I postpone the outing for as long as I can. Although my blood has thickened considerably during the past few months, I don't relish the exposure or walking on icy pavement.

Well, T's persistence finally pays off. Out we go for our afternoon walk. I'm wearing my warmest gear including a fleece muffler wrapped around my nose and lower face. Yup. It's that cold.

OK, T. Here we go. Just one lap around the park. That's all I can endure this afternoon.

Every mile is two in winter. ~George Herbert

For this blessing, I am grateful.


Amen.

No comments: