Monday, December 10, 2007

Monday, 10 December 2007 - Enough

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for having enough.

If you realize that you have enough, you are truly rich.
~Lao-Tzu (Stephen Mitchell, translator)

Every morning, I check various online bulletin boards for requests for assistance. I give when I can and pray that others will stand in the gap when I can't. During these lean times, others may think it strange that I do this. But, to me, there's always something I can do or give.

Having enough is a relative state of mind. Despite my own challenges, I still find excess in my life - too many of this, too much of that. So, sharing the excess seems a natural thing to do.

Right now, I truly crave a simpler, more elegant and ordered life. Achieving such a life will shape my journey from this day forth.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: