Monday, December 03, 2007

Monday, 03 December 2007 - A walk in the park

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a walk in the park.

S just left about an hour ago for a business luncheon. Now, T keeps nagging me for a walk. I guess that I will finish what I am doing and get ready to take him to the park for another outing.

The weather is strange today. In the morning, warm temperatures and clear skies prevailed. About fifteen minutes ago, the clouds moved in. The gentle, southerly breeze intensified, evolving into periodic wind gusts. Since I get cold easily, I debate whether or not to wear a jacket. Standing in our fenced backyard, I can't tell if the wind chill will be uncomfortable once I'm out in the open space. I opt to leave the jacket at home - turns out to be a good decision.

Okay, T. Let me put your choke collar around your neck. Good boy. Sorry I'm taking so long. All right, I think I have everything. Let's go.

To me, we're simply taking a walk in the park and getting some exercise. T, on the other hand, relishes the opportunity to leave the house and visit the fascinating world that lies just beyond his fenced yard. His swagger and enthusiastic sniffing reveal much about how he approaches his daily walks. To him, the familiar stroll to the neighborhood park is always the adventure of a lifetime.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: