Saturday, December 08, 2007

Saturday, 08 December 2007 - A reason to be in Colorado Springs

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a reason to be in Colorado Springs.

I'm beginning to believe that the reason we're still living in Colorado Springs is to provide a safe and comfortable home away from home for our Air Force Academy cadet, M, during his freshman year. I guess that it helps that he's an exceptional young man - intelligent, sensible, down to earth, gracious - just like his dad (in the 1970s, S and M's dad were roommates and worked in the West Los Angeles Peace Corps recruiting office).

For me, our accessibility helps me justify why we're still here. And, the fact that others turn to us for assistance helps mitigate my personal struggles over my writing and work.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: