Tuesday, July 03, 2007

Tuesday, 03 July 2007 - Toughness

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for toughness.

tough: (tŭf) adj. 1. Able to withstand great strain without tearing or breaking; strong and resilient

Be tough in the way a blade of grass is: rooted, willing to lean, and at peace with what is around it. ~Natalie Goldberg

I am trying to be tough. Not the macho, intimidating John Wayne brand of toughness.

My toughness is the inside type. Internal fortitude. Strong mindedness. Iron will. Don't let anyone see your tears strength. (I've cried so many, does it matter?)

I pray that I have what it takes to endure the crisis du jour. This summer, I must be tough for me, for my husband, for my sister, for our friend, Tom (still in a coma), for my garden, for the local park, for our struggling neighbors. And, yes, at times, I must even be tough for T.

Indeed, let me not forget: I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me. ~Philippians 4:13

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: