Saturday, July 14, 2007

Saturday, 14 July 2007 - patternreview.com

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for patternreview.com.

She who dies with the most patterns, wins.

I discovered the website, patternreview.com, last year. I don't know how I've managed to select patterns without it.

What a fabulous and practical idea! People sew clothes, accessories and home decorating items. Then, they share their experience sewing the specific pattern. Often, they include photos of the finished garment.

Now, before I buy a pattern, I check patternreview.com site for any feedback. Most times, no one my size (petite and athletically slim) has made the garment. Still, any information on ease of sewing, fit accuracy or ???? comes in handy. Sometimes, no one has reviewed the pattern (guess it's my turn to expand the knowledge base).

One key lesson: I've expanded my criteria for buying clothing patterns. In the past, I refused to buy a pattern - especially a suit or set of coordinates - if I didn't like all the pieces. Now, I will buy a multi-item pattern just because I like the skirt or the top or the jacket. My favorite reviewers do this all the time - "hate the jacket but adore the skirt" - and brag about their stash of well-loved and oft-used patterns.

Well, that's it for now. I've caught the sewing bug again and must return to the project du jour.

(sigh) So many patterns, so much fabric ... so little time to sew.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: