Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sunday, 15 July 2007 - Thriving Finch babies

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a nest of thriving Finch babies.

not Larry's sons and daughters continue to thrive. When we peer through the front door peephole, we see either not Larry or Mr. not Larry guarding the nest - the other is out foraging for food to feed the very hungry youngsters.

S and I are already preparing for the day the fledglings leave the nest. On that day or perhaps the next, I'll take down the wreath and clean up the bird droppings that stain it and the door. I'll also remove S's "Bird" and "not Larry" sticky notes that decorate the door's interior side.

Things won't be the same for a week or so. I'll catch myself peering through the peephole at nothing, forgetting that the Finch family has left for the season. Still, it will be nice (and convenient) to regain the use of the front door.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: