Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sunday, 08 July 2007 - Baby Finches

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a nest of baby Finches.

We've wondered why we haven't seen not Larry sitting on her nest. Recall that not Larry Bird (named by S) is the mother Finch who's nesting in the Christmas wreath that hangs on our front door. We have an excellent view of the nest when we peer through the door's peephole. It's almost as good as a National Geographic critter cam.

So, I slowly opened the front door to take a cursory look into the nest. I was thrilled to find probably 4-5 baby Finches - tiny, covered in down, sleeping soundly.

I carefully shut the door before reporting the happy news to S and T. High fives all around.

not Larry
and her husband, not not Larry, have done their jobs hatching the eggs. Now comes the hard part - feeding those very hungry mouths for a few more weeks.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: