Monday, July 23, 2007

Monday, 23 July 2007 - Answered prayers

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for answered prayers.

I am pleased to report that our friend, Tom, is now conscious, alert and communicative. It's been over five weeks since he had the freak bicycling accident and incurred a severe head injury.

A few of his closest friends (mainly Bruce, S and I) have visited him almost daily since the June 16 accident. We've watched him awaken very slowly from the deep coma, open his eyes and begin to move his left limbs, then his right.

I read aloud to him during most of our visits - nearly finished A Year in Provence (Toujours Provence was on deck, just in case). And, we witnessed the dramatic improvements in Tom's mental and physical abilities that occurred over the past few days, culminating in tonight's very lively visit.

Now, his brothers plan to move him to a local facility that specializes in head injury rehabilitation. There, Tom will continue to work on regaining a sense of normalcy and the self-sufficiency he covets.

S, T and I will stand by him every step of the way, whether in person or in prayer.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: