Friday, July 13, 2007

Friday, 13 July 2007 - The times, they are a-changing

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the times - they are a-changing.

Just as we outgrow a pair of trousers, we outgrow acquaintances, libraries, principles, etc., at times before they're worn out and times - and this is the worst of all - before we have new ones. ~G.C. Lichtenberg

Change is inevitable, happens all the time, doesn't discriminate. Sometimes I get to choose; most times I don't. I usually adapt, allowing the newness to blend seamlessly into the old and familiar. The change might rock my world or simply give it a subtle makeover - I never know until it happens, until I evaluate it, until I embrace it.

Lately, I've been extra cautious while navigating the corner where today meets tomorrow. Rumor has it that Mr. Major Change is traveling to Colorado Springs, presumably to visit me. I could bump into him any day now.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

Photo: T and I play in the backyard garden. I made the "twist" top recently. The pattern is Simplicity 4076. I love the style and am making several for my rock climbing wardrobe.

No comments: