Tuesday, February 14, 2006

Tuesday, 14 February 2006 - Falling in love

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for falling in love.

I have fallen in love with people (my husband, S) and canine companions (currently T). I have also fallen in love with places, especially France.

So, in honor of Valentine's Day, I am sharing three Haiku that I wrote after visiting France in the summer of 2001. We traveled to Paris, the Loire Valley, Normandy and Giverny.

French Triology

Their gold crowns wilting,
sunflowers answer summer's
last call for prayer.

Monet's garden is
not my garden's twin. Oh well.
The weeds still love me.

In Paris, I kissed
the soft summer sky. Now I
know what blue tastes like.

(please note that my poems are copyrighted materials)

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: