Monday, February 20, 2006

Monday, 20 February 2006 - Technology

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for technology.

I feel very lucky to be living in the age of technology. I am old enough to remember the "old days" when I used a slide rule to solve complex equations and had to go to the library to conduct research. I am also young enough to be adept at using computers and to appreciate the value of the Internet (I am an expert online shopper).

I love technology even though I don't own the latest and greatest laptop, phone or home entertainment system. Although the devices I do own feature older technology, they meet my needs. I am very practical and frugal when it comes to buying machines. My husband, S, loves high tech gadgets but buys only what he really needs to do his work.

So, today, when we bought new cell phones, we each chose devices that reflect our styles and requirements. My new Sony-Ericsson phone has a digital camera and Bluetooth technology. S chose a device that combines state-of-the-art telephony with a pocket PC (very cool device - now he won't have to carry a laptop each time he travels). My favorite accessory: the Bluetooth ear piece (when I wear it, I feel and look like a very hip baby boomer).

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: