Friday, February 17, 2006

Friday, 17 February 2006 - A wish come true

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for a wish come true.

Be careful what you wish for because wishes do come true.

I guess I need to be more specific when I wish for a winter day. The current storm brought snow and sub-zero temperatures (much colder than I wanted but I'm happy about the snow). T and I finally made it to the park this afternoon after the wind died down - one extremely cold lap was all we could tolerate.

The weather service reported a high of 9 degrees in the city (a record low for February 17). I know it was colder in our neighborhood since our altitude is about 600 feet higher. Right now, the "feels like" temperature is -10 degrees. We expect a sub-zero low as the deep freeze continues.

I'm staying warm and comfortable inside the house by wearing four layers on top (all made from high-tech fabrics - otherwise I would look like a stuffed bear), fleece pants, heavy wool socks and Ugg slippers. We keep the thermostat at 60-62 degrees during the day, 58 degrees at night.

My current wish: that we get lots more snow so we can snowshoe along the local trails or cross country ski in the park.

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: