Saturday, February 25, 2006

Saturday, 25 February 2006 - The small things

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for the small things.

Things like ...
  • My daily wake-up call courtesy of T's cold wet nose touching my cheek
  • Irish cream liquor (homemade)
  • The sweet-tart taste of blood oranges
  • The tips of bulbs breaking through the frozen earth (a sure sign that spring is near)
  • Email
  • The prayer of Jabez
  • A large bowl of very spicy homemade tortilla soup laden (my own recipe)
  • A freshly ironed pair of jeans
  • Flannel sheets
  • Circular knitting needles
  • Spider plants
  • Wool yarn dyed in a vibrant colorway
  • A new tube of lipstick
  • Mint dental floss
  • Red Teva boots
  • Mechanical pencils that use #7 or #9 lead
  • Sharp chopping knives
  • Towels made from microfiber
  • New batteries
  • Online bill paying
  • Staples
  • Ott-Lite lamps
  • Sparkling clean mirrors
  • The just-in-case safety pin I carry in my wallet
  • Cell phones
  • The smell of damp mulch
  • Perfectly cooked brown rice
  • The newspaper's plastic sleeve (we use it to pick-up T's poops in the park)
  • ...
For these blessings, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: