Saturday, February 18, 2006

Saturday, 18 February 2006 - Shelter from the cold

Dear God:

Today, I am thankful for shelter from the cold.

This afternoon, in the heat of the day, the temperature barely reached the low single digits so I was perfectly content to stay indoors. Though drafty in spots, our home keeps us safe and sound during the worst winter weather.

T and I ventured out around 2 PM for a quick romp in the park. He did just fine although the icy sidewalks irritated his front paws (I think he'll have to wear snow booties for protection). I wore expedition weight clothes and was comfortable except when walking into the headwind. Just before we left the house, the radio announcer proclaimed that it was a frigid 1 degree downtown - definitely sub-zero with the wind chill.

Relief is just around the corner. Sunday's high temperature is suppose to reach the 30s (a good thing since I still need to pick-up my "new" car).

For this blessing, I am grateful.

Amen.

No comments: